Pet Immersion Alarm
Alerts you if your pet falls in the pool or off the boat.
Your dog or cat may be able to swim, but will drown within minutes if not trained to get out of a pool. Over 5,000 dogs drown each year in backyard pools. See Video on the use of the Pet Immersion Alarm
(Apple Quicktime, approximately 12 megabytes).
A standard pet immersion alarm system consists of:
- One or more Turtles of the same colour which includes a Velcro Adaptor to securely attach Turtle to any pet collar, and “baby Turtle” coding plug for Base Station
- A Standard Base Station
Safety Turtle addresses your water safety concerns and is convenient and easy to use with any pet:
- Safety Turtle works with ALL Water, natural [lake, river and pond] or man made [pool, hot tub and pond].
- No installation required.
- Quick set up and test.
- A loud alarm instantly sounds at the Base Station when the Turtle is immersed in water. The alarm continues to sound until it is reset.
- Rain, light spray or ground moisture won't trigger the alarm. The Turtle sock accessory further reduces sensitivity.
- The Turtle is small and light enough to be worn by the tiniest dog or cat.
- The Turtle securely attaches to any pet’s collar, harness or life jacket using the supplied Velcro Adaptor.
- The Turtle is available in attractive colors.
- The Turtle is permanently sealed and can withstand pet's play.
- The Turtle has a battery life of 3-4 years.
- Your pet is protected even while the pool is in use or is being cleaned. There is no need to turn the system off.
- Safety Turtle is easily portable, and with the Turtle Power battery pack / weatherproof bag accessory, can be used anywhere.
- The alarm volume can be reduced temporarily for testing.
- The Turtle(s) can be tested for low battery.
- The Safety Turtle system can be progressively expanded through the purchase of additional sensors(s) of the same color.
- By using different colors of Turtle, neighbors can enjoy the benefits of Safety Turtle without triggering each other's alarms.
The Pet Immersion Alarm may be used in conjunction with the Wireless Gate Alarm to enhance the security of your pool or property access. Wireless Gate Alarm and Turtle sensors of the same color can share the same Base Station.
Additional information is available on using your Pet Immersion Alarm at pools & spas, in boating and on shorelines / coastlines.
The following accessories are available. Click to obtain additional information.
- Turtle Power battery pack and weatherproof carrying bag for Base Station make the system fully portable. Where AC power is available, battery pack can be connected as uninterrupted power supply [UPS] so Base Station works through 9 hour power outage.
- Cigarette Lighter Adaptor powers Base Station from 12V battery
- Turtle Sock minimizes false alarming due to prolonged or heavy rain – recommended for long haired dogs.